On Saturday 14th November 1987 a meeting of owners, breeders & admirers of the Dandie Dinmont Terrier was held in the Fleece Hotel, Selkirk to discuss the formation of a Dandie Dinmont Terrier Club of Scotland. The Caledonian Dandie Dinmont Terrier Club was officially registered in April 1989 & continues to serve Scotland & the Border Counties.
- To promote & encourage wise ownership & breeding of the Dandie Dinmont Terrier.
- To preserve the original type of "Mustard & Pepper Terriers".
- To protect and advance the interests of the breed.
- To support members, readily advise & mentor new owners.
- To engage new enthusiasts through fun & informative events.
- To encourage new members through accessible & enjoyable ownership.
We offer an affordable annual membership to cover all requirements. New members are proposed & approved by the Club Committee who also issue the membership documents. Members fees are due on the 1st January every year & we ask members to pay the full fee upon joining, even if joining us part way through the year. This ensures club funds can accommodate additional costs for increased numbers at our social events.
In addition to supporting our breed, membership offers reduced entry fees to our club shows.
Please note membership fee includes £1 / €1 to cover p&p - thank you.